We got our keys 1 week ago (where has the time gone) and we moved in the next day (Thursday 2nd May 2013) and our blinds were installed the same day and look fantastic... that final touch that brought a little tear to my eye. The TV was mounted in the Home Theatre next and brought a little tear to Michael's eye... we have had tradies on site everyday since, finishing things off.
It's as though we have moved into a construction zone, especially outside definitely with backhoe and bobcat here everyday moving dirt for landscaping, digging trenches for ag pipes in preparation to capture rain water running down from the back of the property and take it away from what will be the outdoor living space across the back of the house, also digging getting ready for concreting the alfresco etc this weekend , but tradies coming and going inside... it's nuts!
BUT none-the-less happy to be in our gorgous MJH home.
Sadly, as much as MJH have been amazing and we looooove our house, we are finding things that are wrong and I guess you have to expect that there will be some little issues to a certain extent, but some leave you scratching your head and just hoping they can/will be fixed.
Our issues are:
- towel rack, hand towel ring, robe hooks in bathroom and loo paper holders were not attached when we did PCI and when received our keys, but finally someone was here tonight to put the final bits up for us.
- our ensuite/bathroom in-floor-heating doesn't work, it seems although everything is in place and we believed at PCI that it was all good, the electricians failed to connect it all up.
- the light in bedroom 3 doesn't work, electricians failed to make sure it worked before they left
- one of the external security lights constantly flickers on and off
- our laundry door has now bowed and can't be opened.
- we are missing a deadlock from our internal garage door.
- lock to our linen cupboard door was not installed and we have a rectangle brushed chrome handle, but it was supposed to be a round shiny chrome handle/lock (need to be able to stop pets from thinking they can sleep in the linen cupboard).
- our hot water heater takes 4 to 5 minutes or running water to produce luke warm water at maximum heat, we simply can't wash our dishes in luke warm water, shower it just hot enough, hand basins are barely warm, apparently new hot water systems are capped at 50 degrees... but this is crazy if this is 50 degrees it isn't hot enough to wash anything. Also, we asked MJH to add in a temperature controller but it wasn't installed as it was suggested on site, that they are useless with water now capped at 50 degrees. So much for being more efficient... I best be asking for a refund on that item!!
- our floors are damaged and marked from when the plaster was fixed and subsequently walls repainted and now it is looking like it needs to be replaced (this is stressing me no end).
- we are supposed to use rain tank water for the washing machine but the tap connections don't fit our hoses, so we have to use mains water until we can sort that out, and the mains water pipe to the washing machine SCREAMS when tap is on... something wrong with the pressure I am guessing... so just have to close the door for now until MJH can send someone to check it.
- the driveway rubble (the size of tennis balls) brought in by MJH hasn't been cleared away and there is still a pile of off cut wood and wire mesh sitting out front, supposed to have been removed before we moved in. We can't get our car up the driveway and I struggle to walk across it to get to my car and then come home in the dark and fight to stay up right. Hopefully this will be fixed by tomorrow night, so I am told!!
BUT... we are still extremely happy with MJH and especially our SS and will recommend them to everyone who is thinking of building.
Butlers pantry or tea/coffee and toast corner
Things where just dumped in the pantry but have now been sorted...
Very happy with our blind and the lights over the sink